Forums    MAHEM    Getting out of the RV lifestyle.
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Getting out of the RV lifestyle.
 Login now/Join our community

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Over the years I've posted a few times here, less after I purchased a diesel pusher from Country Coach. After some medical problems, the better part of valor is to stay off the highway with this large coach. We have recently put it up for sale and info can be found at

http://users.sisna.com/cebula/coach.html

This coach is very similar in quality to the Barth models of the same vintage. I've never been sorry we purchased it.

Maybe someone else can take care of it in the future.

Mike Cebula

Mike
1995 Country Coach Magna,
Cummins C8.3-300, Banks Stinger, Gillig Chassis,
PowerTech gen w/Kubota 3-cyl,
2005 Wrangler pusher,
"Diesels gather momentum not accelerate"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
I like it
I like it
I LIKE IT!
have looked at similar CC's from pre-Monaco days.
I have no doubt that yours is a VERY FINE motorcoach.
Mike, your golden oak interior is SOOoo much prettier than this:
https://www.dragtimes.com/vide...=yBOmVnIOz1E&feature

on second thought... CC was never taken over by Monaco (and later Navistar). That was Beaver, in 2002
Just added info on the toad that I will also be selling. 2005 Jeep Wrangler X in great shape.

Mike
Picture of Mogan David
quote:
Originally posted by Relative:
Just added info on the toad that I will also be selling. 2005 Jeep Wrangler X in great shape.

Mike

$22,000 for a 2005 Wrangler rag top?! Really?
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
Nick and I looked at a similar one a year or so ago - without the towing fittings - and it was an '05 at $22K.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
quote:
Originally posted by Mogan David:
quote:
Originally posted by Relative:

Mike

$22,000 for a 2005 Wrangler rag top?! Really?

Actually, I'm looking at $20K for the Jeep alone, but only after selling the coach. Less if purchased with the coach.

Mike
Picture of Mogan David
I had no idea.
The Jeeps I've seen lately around here must be a lot older because they are much <$. For any given item, we see similar things with much different prices, whether car, boat RV, gun, whatever.
Here is an example:
http://rvs.smartcarguide.com/listing/32546782/
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
NADA values for 05 are around 15k...

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp
If it were up to NADA, your coach would be worth about $500, my house $5K.

Mike
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
Relative, first I want to wish you well in the future. I, too, will most likely be getting out of the RV life. In my case, it's financial, but the end result is the same. Time to move on.
NADA is a guide and I hope not too far off on Barth value. According to NADA, the 93 Breakaway I got stuck with has an average retail of $20375, assuming everything works properly. That doesn't include the macerator and an extra awning. I would love to get that out of it. OTOH, the 85 Regal I have is valued by NADA at something less than $7500, but I have a firm offer of $10,000, and it's a good offer. Go figure. NADA doesn't cover everything. As an example, my 85 Regal has a $3500 6-Speed Gear Vendors that is a very big improvement over the stock transmission.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
Actually, NADA says my 86 coach (new 150k av) is worth 8-9k (I paid 10k for it!)

I put in crankshaft, oil pump, cam chain and gears, motor mounts, water pump, hoses, alternator, new roof air, new water heater, new cruise, air bags, Honda generator, exhaust, radiator, panel gauges, ujoints, 4 tires (so far), retrofit fuel injection system, fuel supply system, LED lights inside and out, new fresh water pump, air compressor system, some brake lines, rear axle cover, batteries, trans oil coolers (2) and numerous other mods. mechanic

According to NADA, it's still worth about 9k...

I have no idea what it cost... don't care. confusion (RVs have never been good "investments.") I've been to almost all the GTGs the last 2 years, met great people, had great fun. More than worth the cost and trouble to keep the 26 yr old coach in service.

When I finally lose interest in 86Barth and decide to sell it, I know I'll never get my money back...(I'll probably sell it for 10k unless the Barth folks get into a bidding war for my well documented rig.) ROTFLMAO

There has been much discussion here on coach prices. Every coach is so different, I don't know how anyone can arrive at an "average" price considering variations in age, use, maintenance and the small number of Barths sold. head bang

I assume it is the same with Country Coaches. Hopefully you will find a buyer who can appreciate yours and give a good price. Good Luck! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
Yep, motorhome prices are all over the place. Coaches in the 32-40' range that would've commanded $75K a couple of years ago are now ~$30K. I suspect the resurgence of the new coach market is overpopulating the used coach market.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
Picture of Mogan David
As Steve said, there is more to VALUE than merely dollars. While having attended only one BARTH rally, I am sure looking forward to the Elkhart event next year. Meanwhile, I am taking the Pleasure-Way to the PW owners rally in Hershey next month. think I will take it to Northern MI yet this year also. planning to put in in the campground at Fontana Village Resort a while next year.
The Dodge B3500-based PW is less of a money pit than a diesel pusher. Never the less, I am stacking up a lot of receipts in a three ring binder I put together. Hardly any of them would increase the resale PRICE, but have increased VALUE to ME -- things like LED lighting, updated converter/charger, updated television, remote start, digital furnace thermostat etc. etc. The projects have been fun and relatively easy compared to the major work Steve and others have done. keeps me from really WASTING my money with nothing to show for it (though I always find enough money for a sufficient amount of EtOH) Wink

ps
sorry for perpetuating such thread drift.
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
I'm also having an issue with serious devaluation, in this case it's my food expenditures. I seem to get a zero return, sometimes much worse! What's up with that, am I buying the wrong food?
Seriously folks, you don't buy RVs, boats and motorcycles to pad your financial portfolio D'oh
If you can afford one, in your "recreational" budget, it's an awesome investment in fun and adventure. If not, it's cheaper to stay in Motel 8s. an the bed bugs are happier too Sorry

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
Have a good friend (retired) who, while sitting on the porch of his house, which is on a 35 acre horse farm, with views of the Great Smoky Mountains, said to himself, "Why am I sitting here planning on someplace to go on vacation? I am on vacation!"

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny