Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Airstream
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of DougZ
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Corey, how is the Airstream coming? pictures please.

W4JDZ
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Well, fun projects get put on hold. But to date, I've built the "boat ramp" to park it over, had a paver deck installed along the lake, done some interior stripping, sealed some leaks, and installed a plexi skylight and new vent.

Cheri bought me some light up flamingos, so I need to run 110V out there to make the "Florida scene" pop!!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
It looks great so far! Thumbs Up

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
Thanks Rusty!

I read a book the other day that I must recommend to you. "Impact" by Douglas Preston. It begins with a meteor streaking across the Maine sky. But it is not a meteor, it is something far more menacing. I won't give it away, but I know you would enjoy the read Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
Picture of DougZ
Corey, I am completly confused. Why are the paver bricks on the opposite side as the door?

W4JDZ
Because the curb side is gonna get opened up about 4 ft across. when I'm done, both of those windows will be gone. I will fabricate an opening top and bottom. The bottom will fold down as a ramp or step, the top will become a canopy. They will fold up for transport. Hope it will be ready for Hillsborough next year. A portable man cave!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
Ooooooh, Corey....I like it! Thumbs Up

Most folks might see just a classic Airstream here, but I can envision a way for you to waste literally hundreds of hours of your life..... Big Grin

www.perfectpolish.com Tell'em Lee sent you......
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
Thanks Rusty!

I read a book the other day that I must recommend to you. "Impact" by Douglas Preston. It begins with a meteor streaking across the Maine sky. But it is not a meteor, it is something far more menacing. I won't give it away, but I know you would enjoy the read Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Hmmm - anything like Rendezvous with Rama?

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
quote:
Hmmm - anything like Rendezvous with Rama?

Not really, other than the mistaken meteor/asteroid.

Here's a little more to whet your appetite.

When a young amateur astronomer who has dropped out of Princeton catches the object on her telescope camera, she realizes the object must have hit one of the thousand islands off the Maine coast as there is no increase in wave seismology from the sensors she has looked up on line. When she finally finds the landing zone in an attempt to capitalize off the valuable meteorite, there is no meteorite, whatever it is has drilled a hole straight through the earth!!

The adventure begins................

Let's meet up for lunch some afternoon and I can give you the book.

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
Have you read the 13 books of the Dune Trilogy?

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

No, should I? Never mind, I should or you wouldn't have brought it up Click

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
The first 3 books are OK. The 4th and 5th, not so much. But Brian, Frank Herbert's son, took up the torch after Frank's death, and the following 8 books are, IMHO, written better than all but the first book. Dune requires focus and the liberal use of the included addendums.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke