Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Vogue
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com11/10
Picture of fabu
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
We r not on our way home yet! gotta go thru the particulars with the seller!Wed morning got the check and am at the motel 6 in thousand oaks....
oh the Door window ???? THATS A PORTHOLE ONDA YACHT!!!!

Fred A. Blumberg
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
I was just kidding about the window. Vogues are great coaches and I wouldn't even think about the window. It actually makes them a little unique.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
I could look it up but I'm lazy so; Is this coach a pusher? I ask because of the huge grill in front. It sure is purty!

79 Barth Classic
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
quote:
I could look it up but I'm lazy so; Is this coach a pusher?

In the ad it states it's a pusher. The grill might be for looks or the generator or both.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
First Month Member
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:

In the ad it states it's a pusher. The grill might be for looks or the generator or both.

The prototype Vogue pusher had a much smaller grille, but they found that driving under 70 mph on 100+ degree days would cause the genset to vapor lock.

They initially had a placard cautioning that the roof air was not to be operated at speeds under 70 mph, but a recall retrofitting the gasser Vogue grille allowed a plentiful supply of ram air and eliminated the problem.

The few early models that did not participate in the recall are now true collectors' items, and command a much higher price, both because of the rarity and the fact that it is very obviously a diesel pusher, not a gasser.

My genset coulda used an airscoop on our last AZ trip. Frowner

It has cooled down here some now Bill. We turned the heaters on for a while this morning. Big Grin
Picture of DougZ
Are Vogues built with aluminum like Barths?

W4JDZ
quote:

Bluebird solved the issue by putting a large bird-cage fan on the driver's side that forces air around the genset and then out the bottom. They also route the exhaust out the roof or you can open a valve and have it side dump. I'm amazed at how quiet the 15KW generator is on this thing both inside and out. In the bedroom it is quieter than the DC converter was on my Barth.

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
First Month Member
quote:
quote:

Bluebird solved the issue by putting a large bird-cage fan on the driver's side that forces air around the genset and then out the bottom.

Yeah, Bluebird does everything right, don't they? A fan would be a good idea, too. Does Bluebird use a birdcage blower because its a 'Bird? I would probably use a squirrel-cage blower, myself. Smiler Or a 12 volt radiator type pancake fan wired with a relay to run only when the genset was genning.

I don't know where I would put it, though. Normally, I keep the air inlet in the door blocked on the inside with lead-loaded soundproof foam, removing it only when it is really hot or we run both ACs. Enough air gets in from below the door to allow us to get away with it under a hunnert degrees. A fan would interfere with the soundproofing.

I considered moving the fuel pump outside the box so only pressurized fuel would be in the box, but then remembered that I run just 1 psi pressure on the tractor carb that Kohler used. While we had some time in the mountains, I cobbled up a return line coming from a home made orifice tee right at the carb. The let the bubbles go back to the tank, as well as allowing much more fuel to move through the lines, giving it less time to heat up. I ran full pump pressure (6psi) up to the orifice/tee and then the regulator dropped it down to 1 psi. I wish that tractor carb had a threaded fitting that would accept the regulator for a more sanitary installation, instead of the slip on nipple.

Anyway, that got us home, but we really do OK without cabin air. It was mostly for our old dog, who expired while we were up there.

BTW, in late Aug and early Sept, we saw 42 in the morning and 92 in the afternoon on quite a few days. This at 5700 ft. It was hotter down the hill. We could feel the heat build as we went down White Spar.

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
Does Bluebird use a birdcage blower because its a 'Bird? I would probably use a squirrel-cage blower, myself. Smiler ...
Is this because you're nuts? Big Grin

Sorry ... That was too easy. ROTFLMAO

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message
First Month Member
LOL.........Never pass the opportunity for an an easy shot.

Actually, I would use a squirrel cage blower because I know what one is. Just for fun, tomorrow, I'm gonna ask the counter guy at Grainger for a bird-cage blower. I will be buying a blower, anyway.

Yeah, ya got me - got my bird and squirrels mixed up. You got the idea though.

I'm now wondering why they don't call them mice or rat cage blowers, I've never seen a bird or a squirrel in one, have you?

Also, sorry about your dog.

Here's a few shots of the BB er....animal cage blower:

First Month Member
That is a nice set up. I will hafta go take a look and see if I could do that to ours.

quote:
Yeah, ya got me - got my bird and squirrels mixed up. You got the idea though.

I'm now wondering why they don't call them mice or rat cage blowers, I've never seen a bird or a squirrel in one, have you?

Sure, in pet shop windows.

Susan had a hamster in one as a kid. I think a squirrel or hamster is about the only pet I didn't have.

I would be literal and call them Hamster Wheels.

quote:
Also, sorry about your dog.

Thank you. It was a hard loss, but not unexpected. He had a long happy life, and loved Barthing because he got more walks in the woods. He really was not a city dog.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com11/10
Picture of Bill & Sonja
Let me see if I can post a picture of the Newell solution to generator cooling. Its simple enough, a large belt driven blower, not unlike the old forced air furnaces we use in cold country. It blows mega air into a pretty well sealed generator compartment where it has no escape other than thru the radiator to a plenum in front of the rad and down to the ground.

1987 Newell ~ 40ft Widebody
2x f/o's: 1988 Barth - 33 Ft. SE tag axle & 1976 Barth - 24 Ft.