Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Vogue
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
I have had a few vehicles that burned used motor oil. Performance seemed to deteriorate.

Nice colors here.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
I add a small amount of 2 cycle engine oil (the small bottle I add to 2 gallons of gasoline for my leaf blower) to each fill up provided it is more then 35 gallons. It has a high BTU rating then diesel fuel and will not gum up the injector pump. So far so good! +/- 75K miles! (150K mile total for the engine)

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
Ed,
Not to steal this thread, but do you add one of those small bottles to every fill up of 35 gallons or more? I have heard that this method works well for "adding lubricates" to the fuel. And it is probably one of the least expensive ways of doing it!

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned
First Month Member
Anybody remember those glass top cylinder oilers that sucked Marvel Mystery Oil?

I think Bardahl sold a top cylinder oil in the late '40s or early '50s, too.

I use MMO in my Honda generator to prevent valve sticking. I dunno if the OHV one stick their valves, but I have seen several of the flatheads that did.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Just saw a Vogue this morning when i was riding my bicycle around the Foothills. I don't think it had a slideout. Smiler Then again i wasn't looking to see if it had one. Almost the same paint job, (colors), but a little different design to it....kind of a Southwest thing. Nice looking rig.
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
quote:
Anybody remember those glass top cylinder oilers that sucked Marvel Mystery Oil?

Sure do.....I've got one in the Barth....been feeding the 454 one qt of MMO every thousand miles for the past 7 years......Flow rate is auto-adjusted and inverse of vacuum...1-2 drops/minute at no-load idle, 8-9 drops/minute
under heavy load.......

Does it help?.....I don't have a clue, but it makes me feel like it does...... Tooling Along
First Month Member
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
.been feeding the 454 one qt of MMO every thousand miles for the past 7 years..

Let's see.......that works out to one ounce every 31 miles, or a (roughly) quarter of an ounce per gallon. A pint per 70 gallon fillup, then.

I believe it kept the lifters knock-free in my C-85. That used to an article of faith with Continental owners. No more lifter knock. The Army had some MIL-L-Something that we added, too. Word was that it was MMO. It was red. Kept those O-470s quiet, too, even with the ND oil used then.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce & Kathleen:
do you add one of those small bottles to every fill up of 35 gallons or more? I have heard that this method works well for "adding lubricates" to the fuel. And it is probably one of the least expensive ways of doing it!

Yup, that is what I add, sometimes abit more but try to follow that routine. I get the amount and post later.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater
Fred,

I saw your Vogue on ebay just last week. I hope all is well with you--such a beautiful coach!

Dave