Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Interesting, no water pump puller fan.

Nick
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com11/10
Picture of fabu
OYE ive already got people Photographing the ole girl in front of the motel! and the squirrels dont know where my nuts are! not to mention the Birds and my dogs r fine so far!!! the Rescue beagles are aroohing at anything that goes by 1' lukkilly the liker store nextdoor has our Jim beam 1.75l that we spend $ 34.99 in jersey, 19.99 and 10% on a case, so we have enough to eliminate ant water buildup in the deiselfuel... which is a doller more here than jersey!? little here little there but we are HAPPY! hic hide

Fred A. Blumberg
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
Congrats on your purchase Thumbs Up! Have a safe trip back Tooling Along! Hey, can you go back and grab me a case of that Jim Beam at that price??? That's cheaper than Evan Williams back here! Of course, I would prefer Jack Daniels if I could get it for the same price as the JB.....

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
That's the system I copied to silence the diesel klanker in my Regency. So far it works and is about as quiet as my friends 1987 Newell. Because of the front door I had to make do with a lot less space and that was a construction project. I sealed the entire genset space so the only exhaust is out and down through the front.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
Congrats - those are nice coaches. I've got 2 sisters and a brother live near Absecon and Brigantine.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
How's goes the trip east? We're anxious to hear of your adventures. If you're like me, your spending time learning the many systems and how to keep them alive "at sea".

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
Picture of fabu
Thanx guys, Ill see what I can do on that Jim Beam tho, I know if I stop at my sistas it will be drained b4 i can say Jack.... ne way we missed the cussins in LA, so we went to San Diego, saw lil Bro, and NJ friend, who wants us to stay and do dinner with him again 2nite (he took us to a place that was awful last nite quite posh but service and food BAAAD great view) so we have to make up 4 that, I drather cook in the vehicle... We are at a small campgrounds that accepts our Beagles and i learned about Happy Campers disc.....so its called Santa Fe Campground, noisey as its btween Hwy 5 and the amtrak line, but clean and well run...
we are still getting the kinks out and getting used to driving this size beast, and am hoping that the guy did have the brakes serviced as I was assured... they started to squeal a bit after I drive 100 miles? also guys fill me in on the Jake brake. do I just flip the switch on the way down large grades and it does the rest?
Ill prolly not buy from the ultra rich again, Ive wired him back with allthe quirks and things he shoulda told me about, and was basically given snide stupid and redundant,sais la Vie answers. ie stuck window, frozen knobs, trans temp gauge flat lining, slight drip from rear pandrain, grey tank leak, and large mouse terdsin the bedroom window, not to mention the girl shouda been detailed inside? the mattress was never flipped found chapstik under there from 1996. and the headlamp fuse burned out for NO apparant reason.some of the recessed flourescent lights are no t working either... and this guy ws crazy 4 wires and tinkering trying to get satelite 4 free and too many wires, here there up and down and not going ne where or some just capped pff!
OKAY enuf venting, we are hsving fun anyway Im sure we will learn more than enuf onda way, tomorrow maybe Yuma , Az?

Fred A. Blumberg
quote:
ie stuck window, frozen knobs, trans temp gauge flat lining, slight drip from rear pandrain, grey tank leak, and large mouse terdsin the bedroom window, not to mention the girl shouda been detailed inside? the mattress was never flipped found chapstik under there from 1996.

Welcome to our world!! He did you a favor, forcing you to get to know your coach from the inside out. When I start feeling sorry for myself (like two days ago when I spent the entire day getting to know my air toilet) I think about my friend with a 54' sailboat. It sure is nice not pitching around in heavy seas heading for a reef when working under a sink or on the roof!! Wink

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
Picture of fabu
I know I know I know!!!!
how bout aftermarket Insurance of the breakdown sort?? any ideas.

Fred A. Blumberg
The best you can do is towing insurance, which is available from many sources (AAA, Good Sam, etc.)and often included in your regular insurance. No one is crazy enough, at least that I've heard about, to offer everything insurance on 10 to 0 year old RVs. You couldn't afford it if they did.

The best insurance is to get to know your unit, carry spares, have internet access for advice, create a friend network that includes "the Bills"/Rusty/MWrench and the many other Barthers of all trades! oh yeah, stock up on JB too.

Picture of Bill & Sonja
I would highly recommend "Coach Net" for road side assistance and towing. I got it through Family Motor Coach and it is very reasonable. I believe Bill NY can provide the details and a referral.

1987 Newell ~ 40ft Widebody
2x f/o's: 1988 Barth - 33 Ft. SE tag axle & 1976 Barth - 24 Ft.
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
quote:
Originally posted by Bill & Sonja:
I got it through Family Motor Coach and it is very reasonable. I believe Bill NY can provide the details and a referral.
Good association to belong to. If you do sign up, use membership number of F404550 so I can get "credit" for signing up a new member...

Translation: $10.00 credit voucher to the FMCA Store. Wink

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message
Picture of fabu
thanx guys! I was out chekkin fluids earlier and the oillooks dirty black and is down to last inch of dipstik the former owner said it was changed about 2500 miles or 6 months ago... can i drive another 500 or 100 miles to the next camp world for a 159 change or should I go around corner to yuma rv where I was quoted $400?
Oh I do have the good Sams club towin pkg and it comes in real handy especially when I had the 1978 argosy and the brakes failed on cumberland gap! and the 84 that died in friends driveway in a restricted neighborhood! Im looking into the family coach assoc and suggestions now! and reinlisting my expired presidents club?

Fred A. Blumberg
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
The color tells nothing, except what color it is; diesel engine oil will be black after a few minutes' run time.

However, somewhere I heard "Oil's cheaper than metal!" (Oh, yeah, I said it, being a recovering lube engineer).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
It's diesel it is going to be dirty black shortly after the next oil change. Is it above the add mark? If so run it. If not toss in some more of what is supposed to be in the crankcase. If you don't know add Rotella until full.
You may need what the MB 240 diesel clan calls an Italian tune up. Overload the coach, find the biggest and longest hill available and charge up it several times until the black smoke is hardly noticeable. cheers