Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

tyrone malone
 Login now/Join our community

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
do any of you know of this man?my friend in Victoria just bought a 45 ft silver eagle he used to own.He bought it from someone in kamploops bc.According to him it was completely restored,and has a Detroit diesel that gives him 12 miles per gal.I am anxious to see it.Tyrone sounds like an interesting man.wally-van-isle
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Tyrone Malone died at least 10 years ago. He was a carnie. Had trucks that he used in pulls and for show. Could be found a many a state fair.

If this is the coach I think it is it started life as an 01 eagle. It was widened to 102 and strichted to 45'. It also had a large slide out and a brand new series 60 that Roger Penske gave him. Tyrone died just as it was being finished and it sat in Las Vegas for a number of years. I looked at it before we bought the Newell. It was later purchased by a friend of mine. He drove it for a number of years before he died.

As to the 12mpg, keep in mind that the Canadian gallon contains 5 US quarts

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Carter:
Tyrone Malone died at least 10 years ago. He was a carnie. Had trucks that he used in pulls and for show. Could be found a many a state fair.

If this is the coach I think it is it started life as an 01 eagle. It was widened to 102 and strichted to 45'. It also had a large slide out and a brand new series 60 that Roger Penske gave him. Tyrone died just as it was being finished and it sat in Las Vegas for a number of years. I looked at it before we bought the Newell. It was later purchased by a friend of mine. He drove it for a number of years before he died.

As to the 12mpg, keep in mind that the Canadian gallon contains 5 US quarts
Hi Gary!Sounds like the one.John paid 65thousand Can.It was advertised on Vancouver island buy and sell,picked up on the BC Mainland.John is the perfect owner,he excels in mechanics and is a skilled cabinet maker.His first project was to revamp his barn to store his unit.When I told him about my Barth when I first bought he had high praises for it,They also checked out the Newells.Happy Thanksgiving!Wally 34ft monarch-van-isle
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Keep in mind that Tyrone never used this coach. Died before it was finished.

2 of his drag trucks ended up in MN. They had 3408 Cat V8s (not 3208) with compound turbo's. The guy in MN who bought them had his own truck with 1800hp 12V71 Detroits.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
quote:
never used this coach

no wonder I couldn't find anything about it as his personal motor coach.

I read that he was killed in an Arizona traffic accident just prior to when he intended to sign a lease for a truckers hall of fame in Pigeon Forge, TN.
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
I just realized after reading Gary's post that i also know this bus a little bit as it was next door to us in Yuma for 5-6 winters. Last year it showed up in Yuma for the winter so i got to meet the new owners. I had just heard that they sold it and bought another bus in Yuma that i have seen for years but never met the owners. Small world sometimes. Smiler
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
Congrats 'Shadow Man' Smiler You just posted your 900th comment cheers I still have the picture of your bus on my wall. Thumbs Up
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
http://www.overdriveonline.com/exit-only-9/

Article from a trucking magazine. Quiet a character, I wonder if that was the whale I have seen as a kid in Switzerland Computer
Never hauled a whale on our truck LOL

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'