Barthmobile Portal
NU-WA 5th wheels

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/258104843/m/6513945487

02-05-2015, 01:54 PM
Neil T.
NU-WA 5th wheels
The wife and I decided to sell our Barth and move back to a 5th wheel that better fits our style of camping. I ran across this NU-WA 5th wheel on craigslist and think is would fit the bill.
It is basically in good shape for the year but needs to be completely upgraded and refurbish to make it livable.
At $3500 it leaves a lot of room to do so. It has a slide to make the wife happy and a full size shower to make me happy. It supposedly weighs
about 10000lb but has 3 5k axles to make the GVW 14990lb. I know the pro's and con's of three axles but having hauled equipment trailers with three axles before I dont see a problem. Does anyone have an opinion of the NU-WA 5th wheels of this vintage? Its a 1992 37' long with side bath and one slide.

Thanks, NT

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"
02-06-2015, 01:03 PM
Steve VW
It is hard to beat the square foot/price ratio of the 5th wheels, particularly if you already own an appropriate tow vehicle. If I had the right tow rig and I wasn't planning to move around much I would seriously consider one.

OTH I like the self contained coach, easier to park and you never have to go outside unless you want to. (Better for pee breaks and Camp Walmart)

Flimsy trailers don't bother me much since you don't ride in them. If they wreck they just scatter 100 yards down the road. Flimsy coaches that people ride in scare the hell out of me.

Assuming the 5th wheel fits your needs and you are planning to completely redo it, I'm not sure it matters what brand or how old. Caveat emptor, inspect it thoroughly, fix any defects and it should be OK, especially if sits more than it rolls. Hopefully someone out there has experience with that model and can give specific advice.

I'm thinking the more axles/tires the better but that is more related to the driving part. I suppose 3 axles might make turning more difficult but you have more load capacity and MORE BRAKES.

Just be sure to inspect carefully and keep us posted on your decisions. Good luck.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp
02-06-2015, 07:26 PM
Mogan David
I've read reviews of NU WA as being a well made RV
02-07-2015, 08:25 AM
Shadow man
Maybe a bus would better suit your needs.