Forums    MAHEM    Why is "Ugly Betty" for sale?????
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Why is "Ugly Betty" for sale?????
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
That is a serious coach. Never heard of them but then again, never heard of Barth until I bought this one. i would have been thousands ahead of the game had I heard of Barth first. I am looking forward to seeing this coach at the GTG in Tampa

Tom Taylor
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
Tom,

A Wanderlodge is the Bluebird Bus Company's RV line built on BB chassis. They have been around since 1960s, but shut down the RV line in 2009 due to the economy. Currently, Parliment Coach in Clearwater, Fl owns the name and plans. There is talk of resurrecting the nameplate. We'll see

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
Bye, Bye Bluebird

I went to pick up the Bluebird yesterday and a strange thing happened. I had been over to the coach three times and had been over it in detail to see what I was getting into and what was going to have to be done to get it in the shape we would want. A few minor things but certainly nothing major. On each of these visits the coach was inside being prepared for delivery. Yesterday, we backed it out of the shop and I was getting ready to hook up the truck and bring it home. This was the first time I had seen the coach outside and I just kept looking at thinking something ain't right. I have been around a lot of motorhomes and that doesn't look like 40 feet. We got a tape and measured it. JUST UNDER 38 FEET. It's not a PT40, it's a PT38. The seller was just as surprised. We checked all the paperwork. We even had the bill of sale to the previous owner where he bought it in 1999, the windshield stock decal from that sale, and other paperwork that listed or indicated the coach was a PT40. The VIN number on title and other paper work was all correct. We finally called a "Bluebird Expert", who had us get a "coach number" off a tag in the engine compartment. Yeap, he said "That's a 38". Again, the seller was as honest as he could be and I don't think he had purposely misrepresented the coach but bottom line..... I backed out and he returned my deposit. It is a nice coach if anyone is interested, I will give you his phone number.

Nick
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
Nick, sorry to hear of your trials to get this coach. It is a good thing you were so observant and of course the seller really had no choice but to accept you decision.

Good luck finding another. Any leads for one?

Welcome back to Barthmobile! HaHa

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
So sorry, Nick, but you're the man! Most others would have missed it. BOTOH, 'Welcome back, Cotter' Smiler
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
Nick,

Is the PT38 worth a lot less or less desirable than the PT40?

I can't remember hearing about a PT38.
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
Ugly Betty used her transmogrifier to shorten the coach, to stop the sale. Violence

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
All is well that ends well. (or so they say )

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
Ooops
Why was that a deal-breaker ?
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
Several asked and PM'ed about why would the 2' be a deal breaker. In part it was a simple matter of it not being what I was buying. Secondly, when we get ready to sell it a 40 is much more desirable to people looking for a Bluebird. It is still a very nice coach and worth what I was paying for it.

Nick
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
Saw a WanderLodge for sale on a corner in PA this morning on my way from Steel Steeds campground to Hershey. I paced it off and pretty sure it was actually 40.
But, no cream puff and 170000 miles, $65K even so. Also went by a Contessa (think that is a Beaver model) on hwy 11, but did not stop to look.