Tools
Reply To This Topic

Dynacoach conversion
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
quote:
Originally posted by DONNA:
We just purchased an Oshkosh John Deere circa 1989. It was a Dynacoach conversion which is evidently rare. I found all of you while trying to research this odd duck, and you know more than anyone else. I just wanted to share our find, because you know what it is.

posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Thanks for the move. Smiler I hoped you would have a place for me somewhere. There simply isn't much about these, and they seem to be closely related, with the only difference being Barth or Dynacoach.
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Here in the land of orphan coaches we try to help. Barth used the Oshkosh chassis from about 1988 for the longer Regal models. Prior to that, they used an extra tag axle for the heavier models. The Oshkosh chassis was rated at 18K lbs compared to the GM at 16K.

I found this parts catalog a while back, you may find it useful:

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...1087061/m/5873935487

I have seen a service manual somewhere but not sure we have it here. Good luck with your coach. Mechanic

Here is a link to the service manual,(large pdf file!)

http://www.cdr-roc.com/89JD/89-JD-Chassis-manual.pdf

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp