Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New to forum & RVing
 Login now/Join our community

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Just bought a '87 Vogue III, and we love her. Just took her out for a short trip last weekend, and she drove great. Had problem with the generator though. Worked well when I started it twice previously, but then when we tried to start it on our trip, it would not start. Any tips on what it might be? Any pearls of wisdom for upkeep? Any insight/help is welcome. Just trying to figure out all her ins & outs.
Peace,
Suga
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
The most common reason a genny won't run is the pickup in the fuel tank is designed to not pick up below about 1/4 tank, leaving that fuel to get you to a station. That's a place to start.

79 Barth Classic
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
First off, congratulations on your new Vogue. There has been much comment on them here over the years and there are many fans of their construction, design and quality. Personally, I think they are one of the prettiest RVs ever made.

On the generator problem. Other than what Danny pointed out,is it gas or diesel?, what brand? does it turn over? Does it want to fire or just dead sounding?

In other words, best to give a very detailed description of your mechanical issues lest you be sent on a wild goose chase.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”