Forums    MAHEM    Maybe TOO much?.......
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Maybe TOO much?.......
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
...For a minute there I thought Corey might be selling again, but then I noticed it was a Prevost and not a Bird..... Big Grin

Geeeeeze, can ya ever have TOO much RV?...not too mention the trailer and "storage" facility.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...&hash=item4cf62c4d71
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Why do you tempt me so?

Actually I'm the happiest I've ever been with my machine collection. Having spent my entire life parlaying to reach the Goldilocks (just right) plane, I feel there is not much more to do other than keep the pile healthy and happy.

2000 Blue Bird Wanderlogdge LXi Millennium Edition - just right! Bulletproof, not too gaudy.

2003 BMW M3 Convertible rare Phoenix Yellow - just right - fast and comfortable.

2005 BMW R1200GS street bike - perfect for almost everything.

2007 KTM 300XCR an off road monster that weighs just 200 lbs.

2006 Avalanche 4X4 does everything and can even be a Toad!

2006 Sport Trac - Cheri's grocery getter never asks for a thing.

2010 Sea Hunt Triton 172 with 115 Yamaha 4 stroke - takes on the big water and the fish are scared!

Misc other cars, trailers, boats just to fill in the blank spaces.

Should everyone be so happy with their pile of iron. I'm only tempted on occasion by the vintage muscle car, but then I remember how much effort to keep them reliable.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
The interior looks like a movie set for a Las Vegas brothel!
But that's just me!
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
...........and to think I called that little yellow Barth trailer "GAUDY'! OMG!

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

These things are made in French Canada. This is a subdued model!!

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
Picture of carlflack
What is the total lenght of the coach and trailer? Do you need a CDL and be able to pull "doubles"?

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

quote:
What is the total lenght of the coach and trailer? Do you need a CDL and be able to pull "doubles"?

Carl,

coach is 45', trailer is 25' plus 4' of tongue = 74' long! That puts it over the 65' limit in some states, but no one is ever going to get a ticket. I think it is like the "spitting on sidewalk" laws.

The bigger problem will be maneuverability and lack of parking spaces anywhere you take it. Even when towing my old Barth with a 16' trailer for a total of 44' I found many restrictions. Even buying fuel became more of a hassle.

Rigs like the Prevost are great for races and open fields, but not ideal for State Campgrounds and overall touring. This is one of the reasons I put the motorcycle lift on the Wanderlodge. Now I don't need to always hook up the trailer.

I think the term "doubles" means towing two distinct devices, like a trailer and a boat too or a fifth wheel with a boat behind. This should be termed just a really long single.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
Okay, I'll be brave and step out of the background...I LOVE IT!!! I could do this if I were filthy rich and wanted to travel and see the country. There is always some place to park this rig, trust me. And I REALLY like the stacker trailer. First one I saw that had steer wheels on the front of the trailer. It gets back to my basics of it is easier to pull something four down instead of two down, though I do not believe this coach would have a problem doing that. Definitely extravagant, but if you can swing it...why not? You only go around once in life. 'Ya gotta go for all the gusto you can.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned
quote:
Okay, I'll be brave and step out of the background...I LOVE IT!!!

Where in France are your ancestors from?

Smiler Wink Razzer

I'm guessing this coach has the same motor as mine at 500HP or perhaps the 600HP Cat. All the added weight must do a good job making it feel more like my old Barth with half the HP!!!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
not to be a smart a#@ but I would not tempt the state of Kalifornia with that length. They are looking for revenue and this is like a fish lure, bright and shiny.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.

**LOWERED PRICE!!**

Custom built motor coach with absolutely no expenses spared for options! While there are too many to list, here are some of this custom Prevosts' highlights:

-Exclusive Techlink intelligent electrical system
-KVH in motion satellite system
-42" plasma TV in the salon
-Creston surround sound throughout
-Automatic awning package
-40k BTU Webasto heating and cooling system
-Exclusive Freedom-Plus sewer hose system
-Sub Zero refrigerator
-Leather option
-Heat sensitive mattress in the master bedroom
-Ground effects lighting
-HDTV A/V system with 45" & 37" LCD TVs
-Drop-in glass sinks glass shower door
-V-kool tinted windows
-Marble flooring at a 45 degree angle, and double flange sofa in the slide out

Also includes a 25ft custom-painted Competitive 2 car stacker with even extra space for motorcycles too! This is the complete package!

As the buyer progresses we will figure out the best situation for getting the bus to you.

Picture of carlflack
Corey: When it became legal, freight companies referred to the second trailer as "pulling doubles". Then,FED-X & UPS got smart and started making money...............

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris:
not to be a smart a#@ but I would not tempt the state of Kalifornia with that length. They are looking for revenue and this is like a fish lure, bright and shiny.

I don't know the letter of the law, but 45-footers are OK on some roads, and not others. Some CHP patrolmen have calibrated eyeballs, and have always written tickets for length/road violations.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered
quote:
I don't know the letter of the law, but 45-footers are OK on some roads, and not others. Some CHP patrolmen have calibrated eyeballs, and have always written tickets for length/road violations.

Are 45'Rvs illegal in CA too? I thought we were questioning the total length with trailer of 70'! That clearly violates some state's OAL requirements.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
This thing is amazing. The interior is so far beyond over the top it’s slipped into another reality. It’s like a prop for a night scene from some high style mystery or science fiction thriller.
I’d love to take it on one coast to coast freeway flyer trip (at night and without the trailer) just to experience how RV’ers from another dimension would feel traversing our planet. Then they could have it back and I’d drive home in our warm, bright, inviting and more human scaled Barth. Tin Foil Hat Club