Forums    MAHEM    ALL I can say is I want one :)
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

ALL I can say is I want one :)
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Tim&Gayle
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  

alex my grandson
we snuck away over the
holidays for a little fun
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Anyone have any idea what these units go for? (not that I am in the market for one or anything but it is realy cool)
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
It seems that the last time we discussed this coach it had a base price of 850, then you custom designed it to your taste, which could add on another few hundred pretty quick. If I ever get rich enough that this becomes my next million dollar toy, pinch me!

79 Barth Classic
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
Other than making it easy to find leaks in your air suspension, this might be the dumbest thing ever built in both boat and RV categories. I would love to be the sucker that buys this after it got immersed in salt water. And what fun is boating when you're cooped up inside instead of out on a deck? Say goodbye to any underside storage and say hello to a 4 foot climb up into your rig.

What would make more sense to me is a barge designed to drive your RV onto and secure, with plenty of deck space. like a floating houseboat where you bring the house part. That would be truly cool IMHO.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
Picture of DougZ
How about buying an RV and a pontoon boat to pull behind it? This vehicle represents what I call "stupid money". I thought all that was gone now. This is just another company that will bite the dust and then be just an answer in a trivia quiz.

W4JDZ
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
I'm with you Doug. Although we could be totally wrong and someday there could be a website called TerraWindmobile.com. They may have gatherings around the country where all the owners.....all two of them....show up at once! Ya never know Big Grin

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
I met a guy with a toterhome that pulled a houseboat. The boat was cool, had fold out catwalks to stay legal in width.

For my money I'd rather have a Barth with an Amphicar toad. Its within the realm of possibility.

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09
Picture of robert and kimberly delucia
well i told my wife one time if we hit the lottery were gonna buy a new coach! she told me no!! were keeping the barth!!
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
quote:
What would make more sense to me is a barge designed to drive your RV onto and secure, with plenty of deck space. like a floating houseboat

I, at one time, had a wild pipe dream of fitting my coach on a Higgins boat. It passed when the smoke cleared.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Methinks; all this dissing should be done in green type!

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
Over on Lake O and I believe the St. Johns River, They have large outboard driven barges that you drive your coach onto and go. I first saw them back in the late 70's so they are nothing new. I can think of a bunch of advantages over this coach, but no disadvantages.
Last year when we camped at Blue Springs on the St Johns, we saw many rental houseboats. Some of the big ones had sun decks with tiki bars, slides from the top to the water, and walk around balconies. They aren't cheap, but they sleep 4 couples and when you're done you leave it at the dock and go on your way. Makes a lot more sense than trying to bring your boat with you under your motor home.

79 Barth Classic
The Old Man and No Barth
The world is full of people with more money than brains, who have "million dollar," ideas that usually leave them with no money but no more brains. This appears to be one of them.

Houseboats like Danny mentions are a fine idea. We've used the RV to travel to & from. Easier, & infinitely cheaper than the abortion pictured in the video, & much less hassle than the idea of a drive-on barge. But then I've gotten old & lazy, & (hopefully) developed good sense.
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Tim&Gayle
here is the toad for it ROTFLMAO

alex my grandson
we snuck away over the
holidays for a little fun
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
I didn't have the sound on so I might have missed something, but my thoughts on this started out as "stupid" but then I realized that perhaps it was just to see if it could be done. A lot of what we have today seemed pretty stupid to people at one time, but everything has to start somewhere. The motorhome is still stupid, but maybe if they could make that go underwater[on purpose], they'd have something. Roll Eyes

79 Barth Classic
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
My first thought (I've been in the insurance business for 25 years) was I sure wouldn't want to insure the unit because of the risk of sinking....I then got to thinking, to insure against sinking it would have to be insured as a boat. Most motorhome policies are based off of automobile policies and would not cover sinking/water damage. Interesting scenario....