Tools
Reply To This Topic

I found one!!!!!!!!!
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Some said it couldn't be done! But....check out my newest acquisition, a 1958 Airstream Flying Cloud which will get converted to a "cigar emporium by the campfire cabana"! Picked up only two towns away here in Florida.
Excellent frame and running gear. Recently towed from New Mexico to Florida, great body and completely gutted!

Found on CL for $1000 delivered. The guy I bought it from said he got calls for days from guys offering double. Too bad for them, this one will have a glorious rebirth.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Looks like delivery included is a good deal.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
Knowing your intended project. You can probably regain your whole expenditures by selling off the parts. You have to take it apart anyway! Good luck and post pictures of the Cabana when you get it done.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth
quote:
Looks like delivery included is a good deal.

Other than the severely cracked tires and unknown electric connectivity, I'd tow this trailer anywhere. The frame, springs and undercarriage are in unbelievable condition. New Mexico must be easy on metal.

BTW, the pics are of it sitting at my house and I dug holes for the tires to sit in to simulate the height I want it at eventually. In case you thought it was sinking to China Cool

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
quote:
Good luck and post pictures of the Cabana when you get it done.

Will do, the insides are mostly gone, so no benefit from in there. Outside I want to keep original (aside from cutting in a gaping hole), so won't be much there either. Of course, I would have paid far more for a complete one.

Picture of DougZ
I love the door. I had hoped you would find an old Shasta, the the AS is very cool. I will be going up to the Mouse House Saturday, so I will make it a point to photograph the trailers there. Congrats on a great find.

W4JDZ
quote:
I will be going up to the Mouse House Saturday, so I will make it a point to photograph the trailers there.

We actually just spent 4 days there and I got detailed pics of the AS in Dino Land and the Canned Ham there too. If there are others, please let me know and forward those pics too.

Have fun!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
quote:
BTW, the pics are of it sitting at my house

good luck on your project ........it looks, by your photo that there is almost some water in Weeki Watchee Prairie Lake

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

quote:
good luck on your project ........it looks, by your photo that there is almost some water in Weeki Watchee Prairie Lake

Thanks Dick. A little water, but still about 10 feet down from where it should be. No gator worries anyway. It's still a great place to watch "Nature TV" as I call it. Not sure I want it full of water anymore.