Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Hi !!!! New RVing from Poland need help
 Login now/Join our community

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Hello  I did it !!!!!!
Im from poland exactly Warsaw  , It s 2 years I'm looking for a American Motorhome in Europe with my low budget and I find him . 
- 1995 Chevrolet Odessa 9  6,5 l V8 diesel  9 meter engine of hummer   prepared for UK that all what I no !!
I try to find with this information something on the net ,  but nothing  !!! no picture  
The more important thing . The mechanical  side of this Rv are perfect , Now I  have to rebuild everything inside because it's completely  dirty And  just a bed for 2 peoples so I have to make a project to give him a second life , I want to travel with 6 people . I have to paint him . My question if somebody no this model ? 
I'm looking for some tech information  , or maybe some picture about this model but I don't no where I can find some , Maybe somebody can help me ;-) 

Up thank you 

Pozdrawiam/Regards
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
here somes pictures

up thank you
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
Welcome from America!!

American motorhomes, or RVs are almost always made by putting a body on a standard RV chassis then filling it with all the components like refrigerator, stove, lights, electrical converters. If you were lucky, you got a lot of paperwork that explains the manufacture of all these items, if not you will need to assemble your own documentation over time. The important thing to understand is that most of the mechanical items are made by some other company, so you will want to search under those brand names to get the information for maintenance and replacement.

A really important question is who made your chassis. Spartan, Oshkosh, freight-liner, Chevrolet, Ford are some of the manufacturers. This will help you get replacement driveline and suspension items.

As far as body and interior, I've never heard of an Odessa. It doesn't really matter as the interior will be mostly custom made anyway. The exterior parts are probably no longer made either. This is something we deal with in the US too, often needing to improvise or make our own parts when the original company is either gone away or don't make parts for older models. Luckily, RVs are pretty easy to swap parts from other makes, so a little ingenuity makes up for lack of parts.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
They were associated with Overland:
http://overlandpremierclub.com/profile.html

From NADAguides:
http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/1995/Odessa-Industries

hmm... so port side was made "Curbside". But, is it right hand drive? I see the driver's door (a fairly rare class A RV feature) on the port side.
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of RichieC
Welcome and hello from Canada! That's a nice RV and I especially like the fact that it has doors on both sides, which is very uncommon.
Richard
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
NASCAR, Osprey, Charlotte: Maybe Richard Pugh knows something about these.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Chevrolet chassis with 6.5T diesel. Left had drive according to the pictures.

If it was make for Europe will be set up for 220VAC.

Probably has a gas generator.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
quote:
here somes pictures

looks very fibre-"glassy"

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
IT is so pretty you give it a girls name.please give pictures of inside parts.and the way it looks now before you rebuild her.
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B
If you have a nasty rug rip it out and go for a hard wood floor quite easy to install and looks great and easy to care for. I think that model would be great with a rear bed floor plan . Is it just going to be you on trips or others too? I think you can make a great RV out of your buy good luck. Kim